The easiest way to learn how to create a Purified Report is to check out the Reporter Onboarding video right on the Purified News app. We walk you step by step through the process and you can practice making a report right away!
- Review breaking news and select your story.
- Select a story from available breaking news
- Review at least two different sources for your research
- Make your own research notes or use the built in summarizer
2. Identify what is verifiable.
You are looking for “what is known.” The facts. Choose what feels like the essence of the story. Trim the fat – bias, opinion, embellishment—and you’re left with the verifiable truth, the nugget of the story for your script.
3. Write a short report (70 words max).
Write your news story on the Broadcast Script page of the app.
Make sure to use your own words. Don’t take text directly from the article or summarizer unless it’s a quote.
Keep it simple, like you just met a friend and have 20 seconds to communicate the essence of this story to them. Two or three sentences is probably enough.
You should be able to read your script in under 25 seconds. This is your final report and will appear as the text version of your broadcast.
4. Record a video of your report with the Purified teleprompter and upload.
Read your Broadcast Script now. Pick a location that’s fun and just be you.
You are now broadcasting on Purified News!